Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Cheers and cupcakes!


The one obsession in my existence thus far is sugar! I could, grossly, eat a spoonful everyday...and yes i have! As a little girl I used to sneak one every afternoon when I would get home from school(this might explain why it was so hard to get up in the morning). So I thought why not celebrate the lovely 4th of July with a simple cupcake recipe! Its easy, which is the most important because I CAN NOT COOK!!! Well there are a few specialties I have. OTHERWISE I CAN NOT COOK!

Hope everyone has radical weekend and maybe some cupcakes :)CHEERS


Cupcakes Americana
From Country Living
This recipe has been tested by Country Living


INGREDIENTS conv. chart U.S. Metric
Basic Vanilla Cake:
1 1/2 cup(s) sifted cake flour
1 1/2 teaspoon(s) baking powder
1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
1/2 cup(s) (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
1 cup(s) sugar
2 large eggs, room temperature
1/2 teaspoon(s) vanilla extract
1/2 cup(s) whole milk


DIRECTIONS
1.Heat the oven to 400 degrees F. Sift the cake flour, baking powder, and salt into a large mixing bowl. Beat in the butter one heaping 1/4 teaspoonful at a time, using an electric mixer set on low speed, until the mixture resembles coarse sand.


2.Beat in the sugar a tablespoon at a time, until the mixture resembles fine damp sand. Beat in the eggs one at a time. Add the vanilla and milk, beat on medium-high, just until blended. Do not over beat.

3.Divide the batter among two lined 24-cup mini-muffin pans. Bake about 10 minutes. Cool and ice with our Fluffy Butter Frosting.

No comments:

Post a Comment