Tuesday, June 16, 2009

\ˈgrēn\ with envy?





You can not look at the newspaper without seeing it.


You can not watch the television without seeing it.


You can not listen to the radio or news without hearing it.


"GREEN" is everywhere!



There is no question that green companies are of high interest. And I, personally, applaud those companies who are benefiting the "cool factor" of being green. But in all actuality, those companies are not the ones that tickle my brain. These companies seem to come off a conveyor belt with a checklist. Do we have a cool logo? Check. Do we seem to know a little about what green can offer? Check. Do we get a check from the government if we are "green"? Check.

Regardless how you see it...here are a few companies I think are true and worth checking out:



1.Boxed Water is Better
http://www.boxedwaterisbetter.com/

This little company not only uses 85% of their materials from recycled products they also give 20% of their profits back trees. Talk about a bundle of tree hugging in one! If you are unsure of drinking water out of a carton just remember that about 15 years ago we were drinking milk out of these things. Nothings really changed!




2. Hufft Projects(okay..I'm a little biased)

http://www.hufft.com/

Yes, I am biased. So what?! Not only is this the company I work for, I truly find them green inside and out. From recycling almost everything in the office to using sustainability as the key focus in design, this company has been on the green train before it was "cool"..the only smart and green way to build in my opinion!


3. EnviroGadget.com
http://www.envirogadget.com/
This may not be a focused based company, its more along the lines of :a website I enjoy.
This page allows you to view new and upcoming gadgets, of all things phenomenal,they are Eco-friendly. So if you are a nerd like myself, then you will love checking out these interesting Eco-friendly products that wont hurt the environment.


4. CB2- "edition" Wallart
http://www.cb2.com/family.aspx?c=11011&f=4829
Made from 75% recycled newspaper and 25% recycled canvas this is my newest purchase to date! Although this piece of art is on back order for sometime(handmade with recycled materials)it is worth the wait and money!


Agree, disagree, or agree to disagree with me...these sites have me green with envy and leave me saying, "Why didn't I think of that?!"








No comments:

Post a Comment