Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Woodchuck Physics




A riddle we all know and it peaked my interest how many people want to know the answer. Its a riddle for crying out loud! So what did I do? I went to my handy know it all: Mr. Google himself.

The answer I found over and over:

"History teaches us that when Archimedes (ca. 287-212 BC) finally
solved this ancient riddle he ran naked through streets shouting
"Eureka!" which of course is Greek for "Hand me a towel!" Luckily the
answer was later recorded on the Rosetta Stone. (Note: If you look
closely you can still make out the tiny woodchuck hieroglyphic). The
answer: 300 cubits, by 50 cubits, by 30 cubits of wood (or enough to
make one good size ark).”
http://www.beercanbob.com/bobfaq.html

BLAH BLAH BLAH...

After much thought this is my conclusion: everybody knows a woodchuck would chuck as much wood as a woodchuck could chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood. Next everyone will be wanting to know why she sells seashells by the seashore. Am I right?

No comments:

Post a Comment